- Once all the ingredients are ready, that is, you’ve washed and boiled your prawn and its all clean and tidy, get a bowl out, just add some butter (I prefer Canola, purely for the heart and it’s healthy), and leave it there
- Boil your egg (or eggs). Some like it hard boiled, but I kinda like it not so hard (boiled), so that when I dice it up, there’s a natural sauce for the salad, and I don’t need to add anything else (apart maybe from a dash of lime juice or butter(of course Canola).
- Steam your broccoli. If you don’t want to over steam your broccoli, what you can do is use your microwave. After washing your broccoli, place it in a microwaveable dish, in go the broccoli florets, then a spoon of water, cover it with cellophane, and into the microwave, for 3 minutes on high.
- Once you have everything ready, cut the broccoli into bite size pieces, and thinly slice your egg(s), and add everything to the bowl with the prawns. Add some salt, pepper and dash of lime for taste, get your fork out and start munching.
A healthy, light meal, for your Happy Tummy A La Maya (that’s me) 🙂 Enjoy!
Okay, so you know what’s yummy? What I just had for lunch, that’s what! I didn’t want to eat the same old rice and curry, so I thought I’d make something from whatever I had at home.
What I found that appealed to me in my pantry/kitchen was a can of tuna (which had sunflower oil), a bunch of parsley I had in the freezer (keeping the parsley in the freezer helps it stay ‘fresh’, by that I mean, avoid it getting wilted), tomatoes and bread. Those being the ingredients, all I needed to make what I was making (Tuna,Tomato & Parsley on Toast aka TTPT Sandwich, yes I made that up 😀) was a frying pan, a bowl, 2 spoons and some butter (I prefer Canola – healthy and all).
So, yeah I first got the tuna out of the can and into the bowl. Then washed the parsley well, chopped them into little teeny weeny pieces and put it into the tuna bowl. I then did the same thing to the tomato as well. I made toast out of the bread and then I put the filling in between the toast and THEN voila, TTPT Sandwich on the plate, and a few bites later, in my tummy, happy and warm!
If you want a quick and healthy meal that can be made in 5-10 mins, this what you can make. If you aren’t a fan of tomato, like my fiance is, then you can opt for a bit of lime for the same effect. I wouldn’t opt out of the parsley, but if you don’t have it, then you can try a salad leaf or even a slice of cheese. Still healthy.
I think I might do this more often, the cooking and blogging thing. Sorry I didn’t take any pictures, I was famished. And I hope I haven’t bored you with this, but hey, HAPPY EATING or as the Italians say, Mangiare Bene!
So today, I had a rather bad migraine, and I was working and when I was “working” I stumbled upon this dear dear site which had a beautiful picture of something rather delicious. Now, as of late my stomach and I have allied ourselves together against a greater force, which is really my body, and we are at war. One wants to diet, while the other wants to eat, eat and EAT. We eat to live, right? RIGHT! Anyways, this rather delicious piece caught my eye and I thought I’d share the image and the recipe (which was there as well), with you guys.
3 cups cream
1 package (1/4 ounce) unflavored gelatin
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
1. Put 1 cup cream in a medium saucepan and sprinkle gelatin over it; let sit for 5 minutes. Turn heat to low and cook, stirring, until gelatin dissolves completely.
2. Add remaining cream and sugar to gelatin mixture and heat gently, just until sugar dissolves; add vanilla.
3. Pour mixture into 4 large or 6 small custard cups. Chill until set, about 4 hours. Serve in cups, or dip cups in hot water for about 10 seconds, then invert onto plates. Serve within 24 hours.
*By the way, for our topping we used warmed strawberry jam sprinkled with pomegranate seeds….so easy and really delicious!